Blessed are the curious...for they create a better world.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Girl with the Bird


Growing up in Monterey, I loved spending hours and hours at my neighbor Julie's House drawing ladies. We called them wine glass ladies because we started with a head and neck shape that resembled a wine glass. We would then add facial expressions, a great hairstyle and some fabulous clothes. We could work on these for days on end, forgetting everything else we were supposed to be doing like chores and homework. This year I've decided to go for it and start creating ladies again. I started with a circle face this time, inspired by the face shapes of the very talented artist Danita. Here is one of my "girls" with a bird perched on her arm. I've discovered that once again I can get lost in creating the process of creating, and I could spend an entire day workingon my ladies. So much fun!

No comments: