Blessed are the curious...for they create a better world.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

California Coastal Trip - Carmel

 Sunset over Carmel Beach

My heart will always be in the Monterey Bay area of California. This is where I grew up, and I still feel it is one of the most beautiful places on earth. A few weeks back I was lucky enough to visit this gorgeous area once again, this time with my girlfriend Mary. I drove up from San Diego, and Mary flew down from Portland, and we met up in Carmel - the beginning destination for our driving trip down the coast of California. We were fortunate, the weather was great - a rarity for Carmel in May! Today I will share with you this first stop, and I hope to add photos of the additional stops we made throughout this week. Carmel is such a quaint and beautiful place. The little shops beckon, they are filled with unique treasures. And the choices in dining are abundant. Carmel beach is truly one of the loveliest beaches I have ever visited, the sand is so white and the water is so blue, and the cypress trees add drama to the spectacular sunsets.
 Point Lobos State Park


 Our wonderful room at The Vagabond House Inn



The Carmel Mission


No comments: